(1) The following terms and conditions apply to the use of Your Story Matters, hereinafter referred to as the 'platform'. As a user, you are obliged to accept the following rules and conditions. The use of Your Story Matters is free of charge.
(3) The use of the platform does not constitute a contract between the user and the provider of the platform.
(3) If you, as a user, have not complied with the rules and if possible legal violations have occurred as a result of the content you have posted on the platform (breach of duty), you, as a user, undertake to indemnify the provider of the platform from any claims, including claims for damages, and to reimburse the provider for the costs incurred. In addition, users are obligated to support the provider of the platform in the event of claims for damages with regard to the defence of the legal violation caused by him (breach of duty, see above) and to bear the costs of an appropriate legal defence for the provider of the platform.
As a user, you are solely responsible for observing copyright law in the sense of the German Copyright Act when publishing contributions and topics on the platform. As a user, you grant the platform provider the right to make your contribution permanently available for retrieval and to display it as part of an installation in the permanent exhibition of the LWL Museum of Archaeology and Culture, Westphalian State Museum Herne (LWL-MAK). Furthermore, our team has the right to delete your content.
(1) All contributions submitted by users will be reviewed by the LWL-MAK prior to publication to determine whether they meet the requirements for display in our permanent exhibition. This review can take up to 6 weeks. Please refer to our moderation guidelines for the criteria according to which the contributions are reviewed. We are not responsible for the topicality, correctness and completeness of the content posted by users. We are only liable in the case of an intentional or seriously negligent breach of duty. The users themselves are responsible for complying with the obligations mentioned under §2.
(2) We explicitly inform you that the posted content reflects the opinions of the users. These do not necessarily have to correspond with the opinion of the LWL-MAK.
(3) We do not guarantee that the platform will be available without interruption at all times. Liability in this respect is hereby expressly excluded. Even with great care, downtimes can unfortunately cannot be avoided.
(4) The usage of the platform does not give any legal claim to the publication of the contributions created.
All texts, images and other information and data published on Your Story Matters are - unless otherwise indicated - subject to the copyright of the provider of the platform. Any form of reproduction and/or modification may only take place with the written permission of the platform provider. Otherwise, the platform provider reserves the right to take legal action against this infringement.